Monday, August 16, 2010

Nine Lives.....................#1

Recently I was reminiscing about events in my life that could have easily turned for the worse. Fortunately nothing dire happened but it sure did seem like I was using up some of my "Nine Lives". Hope you enjoy both the humour and foolishness of some of my youthful indiscretions.

Back in my early twenties several of my friends and I used to frequent a local strip club to play pool for money and beers. I know, I know, but really, it was for money and beers. The scenery was definately a plus though. During one of my games I was embroiled in a heated debate over a shot that I took. It turned out the gentleman I was playing with did not agree with my position. During the course of our disagreement it came out that he was a member of a motorcycle gang that I was not familiar with. My friends knew of them but I was ignorant of their actual status. My conversation with the biker went something like this.

Me: Let me guess, youre a Hell's Angel wanna be.

Biker: Do  you not know who we are????

Me: What, just some stupid motorcycle gang!

Biker: (stares me down) You know what, its your lucky night.

He then proceeds to walk away. By this time my friends in the corner were turning white with fear. They yelled at me for being a fucking idiot. They then proceeded to tell me that the "Outlaws" were actually a rival of the Hells Angels and that they ran the strippers in and out of the clubs in that area. For the next several weeks I stayed away from that establishment and thanked my lucky stars I wasnt swimming with the Fishies that evening. I guess some days its better to be lucky than smart.

15 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

Lucky indeed, baby. Though I refuse to believe your pool game was anything short of honest. ;)

KittyCat said...

damn dude you are soooooooo
lucky.


but to be young and foolish again?


Nothing like it!

ExtraO said...

He probably didn't want to start any trouble in the club, right? But yea, you got lucky. Motorcycle gangs are scary!

mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mac said...

(second attempt)

I used to know a few guys who rode with clubs. They could be quite friendly if the circumstances called for it. Do not, however, piss the off !

You were fortunate.

Tit for Tat said...

Hey Mac

When I tell you about life #5 you will be amazed at how lucky I really am. ;)

mac said...

M curiousity is piqued !

Papa K said...

Nice idea for a blog series!!! I might have to steal your idea!! I've got some stories myself!

wendy said...

Hey, came over here to visit you from Real World....I like to see WHO the people are who leave comments on that blog.
Ontario eh.. Never been out east.

I saw a tv documentary once about the Hells Angels and Outlaws.
whew dawg.....you were lucky

Luke said...

i think you know understand the lyric "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me." i don't remember pool hustling or strippers involved in the original version, but i'm sure we can work on adding a verse or two.

Tit for Tat said...

Wendy

Thanks for stopping by. I was lucky for sure.

LUKE

Hey man, how's the little one and her mama? Glad you stopped by. Have you had any luck at finding a pulpit yet?

Sandra said...

So how many lives left?...1-2...?
Funny post!...not funny 'cause you almost died, but the naivety of it all.

soccermom said...

T.F.T, whats up man?

The Constant Complainer said...

LOL, what a great story. You're lucky you didn't get your f*cking a*s kicked. But to be honest, that might have made the story better - TitforTat tossed through a window or something.

Hey, we've all been there. I have any number of stories that I either regret or feel like luck (or brains) was really on my side that particular day.

practicallyhealthy said...

Obviously that was way before we ever dated :)
xoxo