Saturday, January 3, 2009

Who's playing....Who cares?......Why extreme atheism and religion dont sound right!

Do you ever notice how the extremes of atheism and religion seem to be so rooted in structure. Its like they are both filled by people who crave rules, regulations and verifiable outcomes. It reminds me so much of people who, while listening to music, miss the rhythm because their so focused on how it was made.

Me: Hey guys want to hear an awesome song?

Religionist: Isnt it amazing the blessing God has bestowed on his Musicians, we should be thankful.

Atheist: Ah cut the crap,We should be thankful that these people are disciplined and hardworking to take the time to learn the notes and how to play the instruments.

Me: I find it incredible how sometimes music can be so comforting and soothing.

Atheist: Thats because when the sound hits your eardrum it creates a physiological response in your brain that in turn causes a release of Serotonin and Endorphins that calm your central nervous system.

Religionist: Oh here we go again. How can you not see that it is actually the spirit of God entering your body and helping to create the peace on earth that believers are born to have.

Me: What about when the music is a little more raucous and it makes me more lively and full of energy.

Religionist: Oh you may want to be careful, depending on the music, that could be the work of the Devil. You know how he uses that rock stuff to gain entry.

Atheist: Is it just me or is he nuts? Actually the response caused by that type of music is usually just a release of adrenalin or in the case of young guys probably Testosterone lol.

Religionist: Stop trying to deny the presence of the Lord.

Atheist: Stop smoking those funny cigarettes.

Me: Whooooa Boys. Why dont you guys just put a cork in it. You do realize that most of us just like to,

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC.

Heres a Vid I hope you all Love. Watch Jeff go, some people dont need to be able to read it, they just get it. Oh and for all the Purists out there, sometimes the remake is better than the original.

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps

I look at the floor and I see it need sweeping

Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know why nobody told you how to unfold your love

I don't know how someone controlled you

they bought and sold you

I look at the world and I notice it's turning

While my guitar gently weeps

With every mistake we must surely be learning

Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know how you were diverted

you were perverted too

I don't know how you were inverted

no one alerted you

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps,

I look at you all

Still my guitar gently weeps

10 comments:

Redlefty said...

Which begs the question: Why was Jeff blind? Was it a physical ailment in the optic nerve or a spiritual judgment for some sort of previous family sin? :)

Happy New Year and rock on!

Luke said...

i've said now for awhile that both ardent fundies in atheism and religion are just people who have gone so far off the ends that they're actually neighbors. after all, the world is round, one person can travel west, and another east, and meet each other in china. ;-)

you can predict events only so far in advance. the "verifiable outcomes" they search for are never going to be 100% and that fear is what drives both sides. RAWK!

Jim Jordan said...

RL--Why was Jeff blind? Was it a physical ailment in the optic nerve or a spiritual judgment for some sort of previous family sin?

No, Red, Jesus said it was so God could be glorified (John 9:3). Just thought I'd throw that in there. Loved the music! Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

There is a book by Chris Hedges titled "I Don't Believe in Atheists." It's not the greatest, but he makes the point that there isn't much of a difference between the two camps, especially the new militant atheists and their religious counterparts.

Great post, my friend. And the video is a nice treat . . .

Jim said...

Apologies, my friend. I wasn't listening enough to be heard.....

Tit for Tat said...

Redlefty

So I can blame my great great grandfather for my inability to play an instrument.

Luke

Leave it to you to give me a geography lesson lol. Enjoy your trip buddy.

JJ

And where would I be without my favourite Evangelist.

Brian

Tell me what Camp are you in?

Jim

None needed. I can easily see your heart through your words.

Anonymous said...

"i've said now for awhile that both ardent fundies in atheism and religion are just people who have gone so far off the ends that they're actually neighbors" (Luke)

I love the post, and this comment by Luke sums it up. After reading countless entries on decon, Dawkins, Flew, etc, it is very apparent to me that fundys and atheists are identical in the way they think, just at opposite ends of the spectrum. And it is amazing to me than neither group can see it.

Anonymous said...

John,
What a nice post. It had 496 words, 2,138 characters without spaces and 2,649 with spaces. Praise God.

Tit for Tat said...

Thanks Yael

Gotta love them spaces ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I always try to contribute something relevant to the conversation!